Make a difference on campus and become involved with SBA! SBA is a non-profit, student levy-funded organization at the University of Toronto. We advocate for equity, access, and the rights of disabled and mad-identified students at U of T and within our wider community. SBA and its allies work towards eliminating physical, attitudinal, and informational barriers on campus, providing a number of supports and services.
Why Volunteer with SBA?
- Share your skills in crucial, impactful work
- Receive training and the chance for further learning and skill development
- Build your resume
- Connect with new people with shared experiences and interests
- Promote disability justice within U of T and the larger community
Current Opportunities Available:
- Peer Support Program Assistant: Supports SBA with our peer support program, which creates ongoing and dedicated community space for our members. This role helps coordinate peer support meetings and come up with discussion topics, recruits peer support group leaders, and helps conduct outreach for the program.
- Graphic Design Assistant: Supports SBA with graphic design work, including the creation of accessible posters, postcards, and graphics for other events.
- Community and Events Assistant: Supports SBA staff and board members with special events and workshops throughout the year, including support for event logistics and supporting staff throughout the event with needs that arise.
- Outreach and Promotions Assistant: Supports SBA staff and board members with promotion of various initiatives, recruitment of new members, and in spreading awareness of the organization.
Full position descriptions can be found in this document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Uc3PX1SQaG7J-DPajsvcsvxqlmpj943Zbx0fEK2KVGU/edit?usp=sharing
Volunteers are so important to our ongoing work – we welcome all folks committed to disability justice, regardless of past experience or skillsets. All volunteers are required to undergo training in disability justice, and we’re happy to work with you to make the experience most enjoyable.
To learn more, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please complete this Google Form: https://forms.gle/7AZKXrKmpMnJJMtq9