At SBA, our primary purpose is to advocate for equity, access and the rights of students with disabilities at the University of Toronto. We do this work through the provision of non-academic programs and services that raise awareness and work towards eliminating physical, informational, and attitudinal barriers on campus and within the wider community.
Some of our past advocacy work includes:
- Physical building design consultations at the University of Toronto
- Programming consultations with the University of Toronto Libraries
- Accessibility consultations with Faculty Members and Teaching Assistants
- Assisting students with academic petitions and appeals
- Helping students navigate academic accommodations
- Supporting students in disputed with professors, their families, their peers, etc.
If you have other ideas for advocacy efforts, please do not hesitate to let us know.