Do you want to learn more about the University’s duty to accommodate and your rights as a disabled student? Not sure about what to do when your access needs are not being met? Join Students for Barrier-free Access’ (SBA) for a free Know Your Rights workshop for disabled students and student advocates. We are thrilled that Dianne Wintermute, staff lawyer from ARCH Disability Law Centre, will be joining us for this workshop and will be available to answer your questions!
Date: Tuesday September 22, 2020
This workshop will be hosted on Zoom.Registration is required.
Topics covered at the workshop:
– A brief overview of the Ontario Human Rights Commission’s Policy on Accessible Education
– Navigating academic accommodations for online and in person classes
– Advocating for accommodations for online classes during the pandemic
– The duty to accommodate and your rights as a disabled student
– Self-advocacy tips generated by our student community
– Introduction to SBA resources and services
This workshop will be hosted online using Zoom. A Zoom link will be sent to you after you register for the event. Live captioning will be available. If you require ASL please let us know by 5pm Friday September 11th. Please contact us at email@example.com with any questions or access needs.