Surviving Together; A Self-Advocacy Workshop for Disabled Students
Join Students for Barrier-free Access (SBA) for an informational workshop for disabled students and student advocates. Whether you are an undergraduate or graduate student, full-time or part-time, new or returning, an international or transfer student, this session is for you! Come meet other disabled students and SBA members, have a snack, and learn more about self-advocacy and resources for disabled students on campus.
Topics covered at the workshop:
– Brief introduction to disability justice
– Know Your Rights as a disabled student
– Navigating academic accommodations
– Self-advocacy tips generated by our student community
– Introduction to campus resources and services for disabled students
– Introduction to Students for Barrier-Free Access’ resources and services
Date: Wednesday September 19, 2017
Free! Everyone welcome!
Accessible and all-gender washroom located on the same floor as the event room.
Please note that this will be a scent-free space.
If you require ASL interpretation for this workshop please contact Nadia at firstname.lastname@example.org by September 4, 2018.
This workshop is part of a series of events for DisOrientation 2018 Our Voices, Our Time held from Wednesday September 12 – Saturday September 30.
For more information about DisOrientation and the full schedule of events, please visit https://www.facebook.com/events/286783058779124/